Hello, I'm Jen

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Tue Jan 9 22:05:59 PST 2001

Hi Jen,

>I first read about Camino de Santiago from Shirley MacLain's book,"The
>Camino".

I also first heard about it last October from an article by Shirley
MacLain in a magazine I get called "Venture Inward". Halfway through
the article I *knew* this was what I was going to do and went out an
bought her book the same day, even before I finished the article.
Since then I've researched everything I can find on the subject and am
also in the middle of the book "Pilgrim Stories" by Nancy Frey
(fantastic book).

> I am beginning to believe things happen for a reason.

There is no doubt about that! I don't believe in coincidences. There
are as many reasons as there are people on this earth, but "When the
student is ready, the teacher will appear." At least that's how I feel
about myself, my life and the (soon to be) Camino. I just wasn't ready
for this until now.

I plan on walking it (1st time) this coming May-June. And I'm still
looking forward to Linda Davidson's "soggy experiences about a
May/Pyrenees crossing" that she said she would share with us.

Russ Irwin