web site

Jennifer L. Aiken heniferaIQUEST.NET
Sun Jan 14 18:35:22 PST 2001

I have lost my mind... scrounging the far reaches of the internet looking
for sites regarding Comino de Santiago. :)

Here's yet another:
http://209.52.189.2/linkcategory.cfm/1933/6327

 At this site, on page 2 of "Walking through Shadows: El Camino de Santiago
de Compostela", you will find a picture of the infamous Madame Debril.
 From what I can see in the picture (on my old Macintosh who's red color has
gone out) on Madame Debril's desk, there is a copy of a book a friend,
Paul, lent me.    Paul says he's not been able to find this book anywhere
in the states.  He picked it up while he was in St. Jean Pied-de-Port.  It
is an excellent book with color maps throughout.  The book itself is very
heavy and I'd not want to put it in my backpack, but the book comes with a
"pilgrim's bag" which has each days' walk on a color map.  The separate
days' maps are housed in a clear plastic envelope which can be worn over
the neck.  In the back of the book there is a guide for bikers, giving the
elevation, day to day, en route from Roncesvalles to Santiago.
The book lists Refuges, and Hotels, with phone numbers, and places to eat.
There is also information regarding villages, art, history, etc.
This book is called, "A Practical Guide for Pilgrims - The Road to
Santiago" by Millán Bravo Lozano.  Editorial Everest, S.A.

There you are,
Jen