Introduction

Leonie Galil LgalilaAOL.COM
Tue Jan 9 05:33:33 PST 2001

Greetings,
 I am not sure whether I did introduce myself properly, since this is all so
new and exciting to me. At any rate, I need to ask a few questions as well; I
am sure there must be a wealth of good advice out there with so many members.
So here it goes:
I am Leonie, 68 years old, originally from Switzerland, have lived in several
countries, but since 1969 I have lived in the south of the US.
Last year, I printed an article from the NYT "A Pilgrim's Rewards" by a
gentleman called David G.P.R. Duffy. It gave a good feel of the route. He
also gave some references none of which I can find, but sound good. Can
anybody help locate them? They are:
"Road of Stars to Santiago" by Edward F. Stanton (University Press of
Kentucky, 1994)
"Off the Road" by Jack Hitt (Simon and Schuster, 1994)
" Practical Guide for Pilgrims" by Millan Bravo Lozano (Everest, 1997) He
mentions that no pilgrim is without it.
One reference he mentions can be found on the Internet and is very good at
seeing all the worthwhile things along the road; I wish I could find it in
print. If anybody is interested in the site:
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/andreak/santhome.htm by Andrea Kirkby.
Linda Davidson speaks about the nuts and bolts and that is exactly what I
need to know; all the nitty gritty in all the details -
how much money to take, how to carry it,
what medication if any,
how can a low fat vegetarian manage it,
 what absolutely to take and not to take,
what absolutely to do and not to do
with all the people on the trail, how does one manage bathroom needs between
refugios and anything else that I may not have thought of
I am sorry this is such a long message, but I am sure there is a wealth of
good help out there. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Leonie