New Member in New York City

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Wed Feb 21 16:19:07 PST 2001

August is hot. In 1997 we started Aug. 1 or so in St. Jean. It was crowded
and hot--we'd reach the refugios by late afternoon (we were NOT fit) and they
had been full since 11 a.m. Later we got the idea: scope out the Camino the
night before so you know how to get out of town, then start around 5 a.m. or
so, so you can walk while it's still cool. How I enjoyed the sun rising at my
back! And, mind you, I'm NOT a morning person. Practically had heatstroke on
the meseta. By the time we reached Ponferrada near the end of August,
however, we were in for a cold spell--had shipped off my warm fuzzy jacket
and panic stricken, had to buy another. Really cold sleety rain around O
Cebreiro. And then, a little while later, in early September in Galicia, nice
sunny days.
So, that's my experience one year in August.
Buen Camino,
Elyn