cheap pensions

Gabrielle Milanich EshlingaAOL.COM
Thu Dec 6 09:06:39 PST 2001

Barry and Marianne,

I stayed in Pensione Arrieta in Pamplona as the refugio was closed when I
arrived.  It was very nice, clean and pleasant.  Carmen was also very sweet!
I paid 5000 pesetas (good for Pamplona).  The bath was not attached, but very
clean, comfortable and large.  I stayed there two nights in order to rest and
walked away feeling well cared-for.  The address is Arrieta, 27.  It's
directly off a square, very close to Hemingway's cafe and central to the old
town and new.  When I left in the morning it was very easy and short walk to
find the camino once again.

I also stayed in the alternative refugio in Triacastela and was disappointed.
 It was expensive, very noisey and felt very cold and damp.  There were four
to six bunks per room.  The room Gene stayed in sounds much better!

Buen Camino!
Gabrielle