cheap pensions

Lisa Forman FormanLSaAOL.COM
Thu Dec 6 09:52:27 PST 2001

The Hotel Perla, which is where Hemingway stayed,  in Pamplona, is a
marvelous throwback to the 30's.  It is not that expensive, actually quite
reasonable, and the rooms were large, with wonderful baths and windows that
opened up onto the sqaure.  There were actual riots the night I stayed there,
the young people were angry about the "government" cutting down trees and
re-vamping the square where they liked to hang out.  The police were nasty,
the whole scene rather exciting for my photojournalistic nature, but
definitely one of civil unrest.
The Camino was easy to find the next day.  Well worth the money.
lisa