Post Camino stuff

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Sun Aug 5 04:22:08 PDT 2001

Russ, I second the congratulations for your first
skydiving experience as an ex-pilgrim (the first of
more?). Welcome home, yes, it is a very disorienting
experience. Take advantage of this down time to
reflect on it, write your diaries, communicate with us
and plan the next one. Trying to "force" it out of
your system if it just won't leave makes no sense to
me.

I was whisked off to Japan almost before I had a
chance to breathe when I got back from my first
Camino, and it has had a strange effect on my
experience here. It's only now, almost a year later
and almost time to leave, that I finally feel like
tuning in a little to the touristic wonders around
here. A pilgrim needs the down time in a non-stressful
environment, as I have not been able yet to
internalize it all.

I have a lifelong dream, too, and this pilgrim may
have a chance to try it soon. It has to do with Spain
and it has to do with my staying there. We'll see ...
meanwhile, best wishes on your planning for the second
Camino. My second comes, most likely, next spring (if
not this fall ;-)

Besos,
Ana