Water and hotels

Angus mac Lir macliraPOBOX.COM
Sat Aug 4 22:28:25 PDT 2001

Howard, please! You’re close to going overboard here, aren’t you? Simply
because she occasionally chooses some greater comfort than she might find in
a refuge?

Even granting the general safety of fuentes, and certainly granting the
fundamental silliness of US folks drinking bottled water in preference to US
tap water, and the safety and undoubted interesting experiences that can
only come through sharing a refuge, these are not topics over which to argue
vehemently.

The issue I see here is that some folks dislike others to write in manners
that seem absolutist or dictatorial. Others are objecting to the vehement
all (would-be) friends here; at the least, we’re fellow travelers. Let’s all
spare each other the personal attacks and characterizations, please. You
each have some truth and wisdom in your statements, que no?

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Mendes
Sent: Saturday, 04 August 2001 04 57
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Re: Water and hotels

Maybe I'm nuts, but people who need comfort and privacy should stay home.
me the energy and experience of the Camino is enhanced by the sacrifice of
comfort and privacy.  You seem to have an elitist and cavalier attitude
toward pilgrims with tight budgets or perhaps those who come from countries
where the exchange rate is not as good as the dollar and can only afford to
stay at refugios.

Howard