Lurking and Walking

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sat Aug 4 04:27:42 PDT 2001

Marcia -The "industrial" part of the Camino may be the approach into Burgos
which is the highway that goes past auto dealerships ad nauseum and other
buildings before you reach the residential apartment buildings around the
center of the city.  This is boring but the earlier part of the day's walk
was ok.  You probably can take a bus to bypass this because I remember seeing
bus stops after you cross the railroad tracks at the beginning of this
stretch.  I am 66 y.o. and not in great shape so I would not discourage
anyone from attempting the Camino.  Just resign yourselves to do your best
and if you have to break up the trip with bus rides as many people do, don't
feel guilty.  It is better to settle on alternative means of transportation
periodically and to complete the Camino than to give up due to exhaustion or
injury by forcing yourself to walk.  Howard