Your Camino Report II

Howard Murphy HmcellardykeaAOL.COM
Sat Aug 4 06:00:35 PDT 2001

Dear Friends,
 From yet another Howard!

<<>>

Surely the advantage of a mailing list of people sharing the same interests
is the differing viewpoints, ideas and the sharing of very personal
experiences.

As a pilgrim-to-be I have both enjoyed and benefited from the vast knowledge
shown
in all the messages. The warmth and sharing, prayers, blessing and practical
gifts
have encouraged me to look at all the problems and to move forward in faith
to the beginning of my pilgrimage. I leave Logrono September 5 2001 by donkey
and cart with Acacio as Guide.
Some of you may have met him he is from Brazil and speaks English. He is
Hospitalero in Logrono and writing a Guide of Camino de Santiago.

A few months ago Ann, my Carer, had the thought that the enthusiastic
mumbling of the Santiago de Compostela were the result of the post-op
infection I have been troubled with since March, they may have been but for
the practical help of Ales
List-owner of a number of the Santiago mailing lists in Spanish and English.
He kindly found the guide, plus arranging the purchase of donkey, harness and
cart.
I lack mobility so this is the nearest way to walking the route I can manage.

If on the Camino you notice a Santa Claus figure with donkey and cart do stop
and say hello. At the refugios I may require a piggyback up the stairs and to
be hoisted onto the bunk. Information on small cheap hotels with bedrooms on
the street-level
will be gratefully received.

I feel that although I have not been on a pilgrimage to Santiago thanks to
the low-cost world travel before my ill-health in 1986 I can share more of
the practical experiences.

In closing I repeat the advantage of a mailing list of people sharing the
same interests is the differing viewpoints, ideas and the sharing of very
personal experiences.

However, it is important to remember to keep to the spirit of the pilgrimage
road to Santiago de Compostela, sharing, giving, learning, teaching all the
good things and the bad. Sharing in spirit, acknowledging the others right in
all things, so that we may all benefit.
Every Blessing.
Howard

PS. I am beginning a collection of badges to do with Santiago de Compostela
if anyone has badges from their own country they wish to send I will be
delighted.

Howard Murphy
81 George Street
Cellardyke Harbour