question

Kyle Jensen KyleJensenaPEOPLEPC.COM
Sat Aug 4 10:31:53 PDT 2001

Hi all-
A quick question....I was planning my trip this Oct. and things are not working out.  SO, my alternatives are to wait until next Oct. (2002) or walk this next spring in April.  I've done research on weather and refugios during Oct. but have nothing for April.  Suggestions would be great...pros and cons?!?!?!?!
Thanks....Kyle
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Howard Mendes
  Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 6:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Fiscal Question (Camino)

  Not counting air fare and gifts, you can easily do it for $500 - $600 for
  four weeks on the Camino; $400 if you do a lot of cooking and you are willing
  to eat sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit and snacks for lunch.  There are
  supermercados in most places along the way and you can plan around those
  towns that don't have them or refugios not equiped with kitchens.
  I am assuming that you will not need extraordinary trips to pharmacies,
  clinics, etc., just normal wear and tear pharmacy products like bandaids,
  anti-inflammatory creams, knee supports, etc.like most pilgrims. This is what
  I spent in four weeks May-June including a hotel in Santiago for three nights
  at the end of the Camino because Monte de Gozo refugio only allows you to
  stay one night.   Howard