Total expenses of Camino...

Nick Hayes clubnickaEROLS.COM
Wed Apr 25 07:27:59 PDT 2001

juts for fun
donation to refugio.....average 600 pts
breakfast...........................400 pts           cafe con leche, bread,
cheese
lunch.....................average 400  pts           bread, cheese, cold meat,
fruit, whatever.
dinner...................              400   pts          if you buy food and
cook
                                                  800/900          if you buy
menu del dia / peregrino
so a minimum basic daily cost would be            1800/2300 pts  or 10 to 15
dollars

this is just the basic stuff.  then comes pharmacy, cold drinks, snacks, small
hotels when refugios are full
or you want a room by yourself or a really hot shower

this would double the basic costs.

also excludes the cost of hotels etc at the start of the pilgrimage, in
santiago, travel to spain and return home.

hope that this is of some help

Nick