tatoos

Elizabeth Boylston-Morris TagelleaAOL.COM
Wed Apr 25 07:36:46 PDT 2001

The Camino is an affair and experience of the soul.  It is not a rock
festival.  I cannot possibly think of anything more unseemly and
contradictory that painting one's skin as form  of remembrance.  Tattoos and
other body mutilations are accepted, indeed, required, in some African and
Indian religious rites.
But, the love of the Apostle and our veneration for what Santiago represents,
(love and respect for others and oneself, including the physical body), would
be negated by such practices.
Liz