Design of pack

Delphia Dirks delphiadaEARTHLINK.NET
Wed Apr 18 15:42:55 PDT 2001

Hi:  I've looked at an array of backpacks at a local sports shop.   Most of
the just look BIG!,,,  but the salesguys are very good about explaining the
features, and certainly do recommend the sort that put the weight on the
hips.  You just need to go to a good sportshop and try them on.   They have
some rocks there that can be added to give you a feel of the weight.... as
we hear,  least is best.

I asked about the chamois, but they didn't have any.... did have a new sort
of synthetic chamois which they say dries even faster than the real thing.
I havn't purchased anything yet... just looking and listening and reading
all these interesting emails with good advice from veteran travelers.   And
getting more enthusiastic all the time.

My only physical worry is knees.  Everything is fine when I am walking, but
after sitting, there comes the stiffness.  Soon gone.   Well, knees are not
to be trifled with, but I am expecting everything to be o.k.

--cheers.....delphia