Shells and staffs

Robin robtrewaLINEONE.NET
Wed Apr 18 10:55:09 PDT 2001

Gabrielle, it seems that you do not own this staff, it owns you. Perhaps one of the great packing dilema rituals is this beginning to learn to trust only in God which is what I think pilgrimage is about?

Shells? I thought that the shell was a token of having been to Compostela so that you would be recognised as a pilgrim in your return (no cheap filght in medieval times!). Has it become a club badge?

The foot and mouth (hoof and mouth in USA?) remind me of the old pilgrims who were surrounded by plagues and dangers for which they had no remedy.