Pack Weight

Carolina Mone cemoneaHUMBOLDT1.COM
Wed Apr 18 10:23:03 PDT 2001

Hi all--
The obvious answer to the heavy pack problem is to go with a companion--you
only need one bottle of shampoo and one guidebook etc. between the two of
you.  But I went with a heavy pack (14kg) and cheap boots and I lived to
tell. I had a lot of fun with my binoculars and my camera...
I wish you all buenos caminos--it appears I will be in Brazil this summer,
on a different caminho the result of meeting so many extraordinary
Brasilians on my camino de Santiago. Watch out for what this camino will
lead to!
I also want to say it has been amusing watching all you new trekkers fuss
over stuff that will be so unimportant after a few days of walking--you will
laugh that you ever worried about such things. What impressed me the most
about the camino was watching people slowly lose their connection to the
material world and make a new more profound connection with the world of
nature, other human beings and that elusive thing we call spirit.
Carolina
P. S. Let me also recommend a video prepared by the Anglican Church of
Canada called Great Pilgrimmages.
their email is:
resource.centreanational.anglican.ca