New to listerserv with a question: Pilgrim Passport in Burgos orLeon?

Nick Hayes clubnickaEROLS.COM
Wed Apr 11 07:27:45 PDT 2001

for 2 weeks i suggest Leon....

Leon is 180 miles from Santiago and that is an average of 18 miles a day....
not bad unless you are pretty fir and your feet are in shape
your  feet could take a real hit if you push it hard
with a day or so to de jet lag up front and a day or so to look around in
Santiago this will take care of your 2 weeks.

you can get the credencial at the Benedictine Monastery in teh old part of
town.
The refugio near the plaza de torros will NOT give one.

Leon is easy to get to from Madrid.  A direct train will take you there in a
few hours.
I waled in, bought a tiket on the spto and was on my way
good luck

nick