Weather information

Mr Bernard Milford s560543aSTUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Wed Apr 11 00:35:31 PDT 2001

Folks

Here is a great site for weather information about the main towns in
Spain.  It's for the Institute of Meterology in Spain

http://www.inm.es/

(I can't seem to get it to give me sub addresses, so forgive me for
taking you to the home page)

Click on [Prod Climat]

Click on "Valores Climatologicos Normales"

And now you have menus that let you select a state or autonomous
community or go direct to select a town.

For those with even less spanish tham mine (Can't be many!) here is the
key to the columns, all for the month or year

T   Average temperature (all temperatures are in C)
TM  Average maximum temp
Tm  Average minimum temp
R   Total precipitation (Why R?)
H   Relative humidity
DR  Average days with more rain than 1mm (about 4 points in the old
money) (25mm equals one inch, roughly)
DN  Average snowy days
DT  Average stormy days
DF  Average foggy days
DH  Average frosty days
DD  Average clear days - not many of these - how do you define "clear"?
I   Average total hours of sunlight for the month/year

If you want to frighten yourself, have a look at the "Valores Extremos"
page.  Or maybe just decide "Well, it could'nt get worse"

Bernard