new listserver with a few questions

Mandy Edvalson edvalsaaEOU.EDU
Tue Apr 10 13:27:25 PDT 2001

Judy,

When I went at the end of the March I only had a fleece sack and I kept
plenty warm. Most of the refuges were heated and it wasn't hard for me to
stay warm. I am assuming that it would be plenty warm in June and July to
only have a fleece sack or a really light weight sleeping bag.

For a walking stick I used a ski pole, with a cane stopper on the bottom and
it worked really well. Most of the people in my group used some type of
walking stick, whether it was the shovel handle, a stick found along the
way, or a ski pole/snowshoeing pole. Most of the time I was glad to have a
walking stick, even though I did not think I would want one before I went.

We stamped our credentials along the way as we passed through towns and also
in the refuges at night time. However, we did not get stamped at every town
along the way, just one or two each day.

I hope this helps you out.

Mandy