I sent this earlier as a reply to one member, but meant it for all

Michael P. Barham mpb5aDUKE.EDU
Mon Apr 2 22:22:47 PDT 2001

Seemingly, I really openned a can of worms with the question of church
doctrine, on which will all differ as much as our personal spiritualities.
I appreciate, however, the civility of everyone's response as, being on a
university campus, I sadly see these conversations deteriorate and become
quiet angry and petty (not always with this issue, but others).  What is
fascinating is not only the variety of opions but how they have been formed
by experiences on the camino.

The intent of my question is not to challenge the church, nor obtaining
permission.  I have rather firm convictions about what I believe I should do
to remain faithful to the religion from which I hail, and my personal
beliefs, without any disrespect to Catholics.  The focus is simply to figure
out how to include Eucharist given my circumstances of faith and location.
So, if anyone happens to run into a protestant church, drop me a line :)

Michael