Intro

LESLEY NELSON flllnelsaADMIRAL.UMSL.EDU
Thu Dec 14 15:10:08 PST 2000

Hi all :)

My name is Lesley Nelson.  My mother and I walked the Camino this fall
(finished Nov. 14).  We started in Roncesvalles.  It was the most
incredible experience of my life and I can't wait to do it again!  We
carried a digital camera.  In the larger cities, we stopped at cybercafes,
uploaded the photos, and wrote journal-type entries as we walked.  We
literally have hundreds of photos!  Our family was able to follow the
journey as we walked and correspond with us via the webpage or e-mail.  It
was almost like having them there walking with us (except their feet didn't
hurt!)  I have the page down right now because I am working on compressing
the photos and some other small tweaks.  I will give the list the URL when
I finish in a week or so.

The one piece of advice I will give people who are thinking about doing the
Camino for the first time is something the hospitalero in Roncesvalles said
to me the day we were starting to walk: "Hay que vivir el Camino" (One must
live the Camino)  Allow extra time and enjoy the experience!  We saw too
many people who approached it as a race.  There were so many wonderful
things they missed!  I do understand that not all people can take off as
much time as we did, but if you can, take advantage of it!

God bless,

Lesley