routes

Carolyn Wiggins MimicaraAOL.COM
Thu Dec 14 10:03:55 PST 2000

The route from St. Jean is exhilarating.  We met people before we started who
had had to take two days to do it, stopping midway for one night.  At 58 and
from a very flat state, we were concerned about our ability to do it in one
day even before we got a look at the mountains.  The mountains are very
formidable in appearance (we just about died when we saw how high they were).
 It took us 9 and a half hours, but we were so thrilled and so proud and it
was such a great "day one" to our camino that I can't help but encourage you
to go for it yourself.  It is difficult.  The vistas are breathtaking.