[Cfp-interest 2516] Decimal review (section 5.2.4.3)

Mike Cowlishaw mfc at speleotrove.com
Wed Aug 10 06:07:46 PDT 2022

If possible please complete your review by the end of tomorrow (Wednesday,
August 10). At any rate, please send the comments you have by that time to
cfp-interest at ucbtest.org. Then we can see what we need to go through at the
CFP meeting on Friday and I can plan the meeting accordingly.

I attach the Acrobat 'diff' of this section in case anyone else want to
check the changes -- more than I remembered.

I saw only minor editorial problems in this section:

1.

	Para 2 (as numbered in the attached comparison):  hyphen in '+ or -
operator' should be a minus sign in text (as used in previous paragraph) .

2.

	In para 10, Preferred quantum exponents table:  formatting should
not be justified in the 'fmin, fmax ...' operation column.

3.

	ditto: hyphen should be minus in the 'd32sub, d64sub' operation
column

4.

	ditto: hyphen should be minus in the '-(x), +(x)' operation column

5.

	ditto:  formatting should not be justified in the '*res returned by
...' operation column.

Mike