[Cfp-interest 1608] Re: TS3 annex review

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Tue Jun 2 18:16:49 PDT 2020

Sorry, Fred, I was not as thorough as I should have been.

I lookedf at it in Word 2013.

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

> I believe "proper subset" is the more common form of "strict subset".
>
> Page 3, both tables:  emax formula: right column: has 2x instead of 2**x
> That is, the 'x' should be a superscript.

Again, both are rendering issues. The word document certainly uses
superscripts.

> Page 3, both tables: emin formula:  3-emax would be better.  Some
> people interpret -emax+3 as -(emax+3).  The same change would apply to
> other uses of -emax+3 in the document.

I agree with you : 3-emax.

> Page 8, line 3, 20:  Is that absolute value symbol or ceiling symbol?

In Word 2013, Line 3 looks like an absolute value symbol to my eyes. I
thought on Word 2003 (on my office desktop) that it was a ceiling. I must
be going crazy.

The symbol on line 20 is definitely a ceiling symbol. But there is too
little room between the line above and the line with the ceiling symbol.
I needed to zoom in to be sure.

Maybe MathType should be used on the master version of Word before one
renders it. Certainly, the rendering is dependent on the version of Word
and even screen size. Or maybe it is time for me to get glasses.

> Page 18, line 3:  Should "M<=N" be "M<N"?

I believe so.

Regards - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer