[Cfp-interest 1607] Re: TS3 annex review

Ian McIntosh ianmc at eol.ca
Tue Jun 2 11:06:18 PDT 2020

}What should     Page 18, line 3:  Should "M
 >Look for all sorts of errors, technical and editorial. Send
comments to me and cc the review team. I'm proposing you complete
your review and send comments by Monday, June 8.

 Comments on Annex X, 2020/05/25 PDF version
 The copyright date in the footer is out of date.
 I believe "proper subset" is the more common form of "strict
subset".
 Page 3, both tables:  emax formula: right column: has 2x instead of
2**x
 That is, the 'x' should be a superscript.
 Page 3, both tables: emin formula:  3-emax would be better.  Some
 people interpret -emax+3 as -(emax+3).  The same change would apply
 other uses of -emax+3 in the document.
 Page 6, line 36: Should DEC_EVAL_METHOD 0 have words similar to 1
(eg,
 subset of values of _Decimal32).
 Page 8, line 3, 20:  Is that absolute value symbol or ceiling
symbol?
 Page 8, line 8:  Is that absolute value symbol or floor symbol?
 Page 8, line 20:  Is emin-1 supposed to be the exponent of 2?  Since

 log(a**b) is b*log(a), it might be clearer to use:
ceiling((emin-1)*log10(2)))
 Page 8, line 32, 36:  Is emax supposed to be an exponent?  Is -p
supposed
 to be an exponent?
 Page 8, line 43:  Is 1-p supposed to be an exponent?
 Also, add "normalized" between "least" and "value".
 Page 8: Need to add after FLT*MAX, a new section: FLT*_NORM_MAX (to
be
 consistent with C2X).
 Page 9: line 1: Is emin-1 supposed to be an exponent?
 Page 9: line 7: Is emin-p supposed to be an exponent?
 Page 12, line 14:  Would it be better to replace (in C2X)
"_Decimal32,
 _Decimal64,  _Decimal128" with "_DecimalN, where N is multiple of
32".
 Page 18, line 3:  Should "M

Links:
------