[pct-l 12] Re: PCT south from Echo Lakes to Tuolumne

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Tue Aug 20 15:16:21 PDT 2019

Nobody knows or is willing to say what happened to backcountry.net.

As far as Echo to Tuolumne, around Labor Day is the ideal time to do it.
Days are still longish, nights are cool but not cold, stream crossings are
fun instead of life-threatening.     Though they get kind of old in
northern Yosemite.    It would be too long a haul without a resupply for
somebody like me, but young people do it all the time.    There are no
convenient resupplys

As far as pct-l goes, we'll find out this winter whether it still serves a
useful purpose.     Right now the many of the usual suspects are out on the
trail, I suppose.