(Fwd) Re: Java-Version

Vaughan Pratt prattacs.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 23 10:40:49 PST 1999

>(and no, there's no free stuff at our web page yet, no point doing
>that until we are ready to start selling things, is there?)

Depends on your business model, in particular on what you think you are
selling.  Software itself is nowhere near as valuable as maintained and
supported software.  Linux is a perfect example of free software where
people are starting to make money from its maintenance and support,
with the derivative of commercial interest (and therefore presumably
cash flow) sharply positive.

Vaughan Pratt