OON-SKI '94 Preliminary Program

Al Vermeulen uunet!roguewave.com!alv
Fri Jan 28 11:36:00 PST 1994

The following is the preliminary program for OON-SKI '94.  If you
would like the program and registration materials via regular mail,
please ensure that I have your mailing address.  Also, we have added
a poster session to the conference.  If you have work you would like
to display during the poster session, please let me know.

The early registration deadline is April 11th.  If you would like a
copy of the registration materials via email, please let me know.  I
look forward to seeing you in Sunriver.

Sincerely,
Margaret Chapman
Program Coordinator

Rogue Wave Software
P.O. Box 2328
Corvallis, OR 97339
(503) 754-3010 Phone
(503) 757-6650 FAX
amcaroguewave.com

                          Sunriver, Oregon
                        April 24 - 27, 1994

                         PROGRAM COMMITTEE

         Richard Bartels, University of Waterloo
         Ronald Goossens, Stanford University
         Charlie Finan, Cray Research
         Ian Angus, Boeing Computer Services
         Dennis Gannon, Indiana University
         Allen Robinson, Sandia National Laboratories
         Allan Vermeulen, Rogue Wave Software
         Wouter Joosen, K.U. Leuven, Belgium
         Margaret Chapman, Program Coordinator, Rogue Wave Software

                         SUNDAY, APRIL 24TH
                         ******************

6:00PM - 7:00PM      ON-SITE REGISTRATION (Also available
                     Mon. & Tues morning)
                     Conference proceedings, programs, etc., will
                     be available at the entrance for all attendees.
                     Location:  Great Hall
6:00PM - 9:00PM      WELCOME RECEPTION
                     Hors d'oevres and cash bar
                     Location:  Great Hall
7:00PM - 9:00PM      POSTER SESSION
                     Location:  Great Hall

                         MONDAY, APRIL 25TH
                         ******************

7:00am           CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
7:00am - 8:00am  ON-SITE REGISTRATION

                    ****************************
                    *                          *
                    *    TECHNICAL SESSIONS    *
                    * Components I - Modeling  *
                    *                          *
                    ****************************

8:00am      Design of C++ Classes for Structured Modeling and
            Sensitivity Analysis of Dynamical Systems
            Donna Calhoun, Computer Sciences Corporation
            Andrzej Lewandowski, NOAA

8:30am      Object-Oriented Modeling of the Natural Gas Pipeline
            Network
            Andrzej Lewandowski, Wayne State University

9:00am      Object Classes for Numerical Analysis
            -------------------------------------
            Craig Douglas, David George, and Mike Henderson
            IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

9:30am      COFFEE BREAK

10:00am     Surface Modeling in C++
            -----------------------
            Lisa Hamilton, Mark Stalzer, R. Steven Turley, John L.
            Visher, and Stephen Wandzura
            Hughes Research Laboratories

10:30am     Object-Oriented Design of Multilevel Newton and
            Continuation Methods
            Andreas Hohmann
            Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum, Berlin, Germany

11:00am     The AIP++ GridTool Class
            ------------------------
            A. G. Willis, Dominion Radio Astronomy Observatory

11:30am     LUNCH

                    *****************************
                    *                           *
                    *    TECHNICAL SESSIONS     *
                    *    Tools/Optimization     *
                    *                           *
                    *****************************

4:30pm      The Design of PDELab:  An Object-Oriented Framework for
            Building Problem Solving Environments for PDE Based
            Applications
            Sanjiva Weerawarana, Elias N. Houstis, John R. Rice, Ann
            Christine Catlin, Cheryl L. Crabill, Chi Ching Chui, and
            Shahani Markus
            Department of Computer Science, Purdue University

5:00pm      Practical Issues Related to Developing Object-Oriented
            Numerical Libraries
            Kyle Gallivan and Bret Marsolf
            Center for Supercomputing Research & Development,
            University of Illinois

5:30pm      COFFEE BREAK

6:00pm      C++ Optimization and the Principle of the Excluded Middle
            Kent Budge, Sandia National Laboratories

6:30pm      Sage++:  A Class Library for Building Fortran and C++
            Restructuring Tools
            Francois Bodin, Irisa, University of Rennes
            Peter Beckman, Dennis Gannon, Jacob Gotwals, and Sureh
            Srinivas
            Department of Computer Science, Indiana University

7:00pm      Constructing a Debugger for Scientific Applications from
            Reusable Components
            Stijn Bijnens, Wouter Joosen, and Pierre Verbaeten
            Department of Computer Science, K.U. Leuven, Belgium

                        *******************
                        TUESDAY, APRIL 26TH
                        *******************

7:00am            CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
7:00am - 8:00am   ON-SITE REGISTRATION

                    *****************************
                    *                           *
                    *    TECHNICAL SESSIONS     *
                    *     Design/Languages      *
                    *                           *
                    *****************************

8:00am      A General OO-PDE Solver for TCAD Applications
            D.W. Yergeau, R.J.G. Goossens, and R.W. Dutton
            Integrated Circuits Laboratory, Stanford University

8:30am      O-O Analysis and Design Using the Grady Booch Method
            Bill Henninger, EQE International

9:00am      An Object-Oriented Domain Analysis of Partial
            Differential Equations
            David M. Butler, William E. Mason, Jr. and Charles H. Tong
            Scientific Computing Dept, Sandia National Laboratories

9:30am      COFFEE BREAK

10:00am     From Fortran to Object Orientation:  Experiences with a
            Production Flutter Analysis Code
            Ian G. Angus and W. Dan Curtis, Boeing Computer Services
            Edward E. Meyer, Boeing Commercial Aircraft

10:30am     The Making of SKYLDU - an Object-Oriented Simultaneous
            Linear Equation Solver
            Kenneth J. Perano, Sandia National Laboratories

11:00am     Object-Oriented Implementation of a Gasflow Network Model
            Using Fortran 77
            M. Afzal and M. Cross
            Centre for Numerical Modeling and Process Analysis
            University of Greenwich

11:30am     Scientific Programming in C++ & Fortran 90:  A Case Study
            Nessan Fitzmaurice
            Department of Mathematics, Case Western Reserve University

12:00pm     LUNCH

                    *******************************
                    *                             *
                    *    TECHNICAL SESSIONS       *
                    *       Components II         *
                    * Optimization/Linear Algebra *
                    *                             *
                    *******************************

4:00pm      Experiences with an Object-Oriented Numerical
            Optimization Library
            Lawrence Gunn, MacDonald Dettwiler Associates

4:30pm      Writing a Matrix Package in C++
            -------------------------------
            Robert Davies, RDMC, New Zealand

5:00pm      A Sparse Matrix Library in C++ For High Performance
            Architectures
            Jack Dongarra
            University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory
            Karin Remington, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
            Roldan Pozo, University of Tennessee
            Andrew Lumsdaine and Xinhiu Niu, University of Notre Dame

5:30pm      COFFEE BREAK

6:00pm      M++:  An Object-Oriented Approach to the Hierarchical
            Matrix Algebra
            T.S. Collins and J.C. Browne
            Department of Computer Sciences, The University of Texas

6:30pm      A Parallel, Object-Oriented Linear Algebra Library
            Laurie MacCallum and Andrew S. Grimshaw
            Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia

                       *********************
                       WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27TH
                       *********************

7:00am      CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST

              *          TECHNICAL SESSIONS          *
              *               Parallel               *
              * Applications/Components/Environments *

8:00am      The Object-Oriented Development of a Parallel Application
            in Polymer Dynamics
            Thomas Larsen and Wouter Joosen
            Department of Computer Science, K.U. Leuven, Belgium
            John W. Perram
            Lindo Center for Applied Mathematics, Odense University

8:30am      Object-Oriented Particle Simulation on Parallel Computers
            John V. W. Reynders and David W. Forslund
            Advanced Computing Laboratory, Los Alamos National Lab

9:00am      POET:  A Parallel Object-Oriented Environment and Toolkit
            for Enabling High-Performance Scientific Computing
            Jane F. Macfarlane, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
            Rob Armstrong, Sandia National Laboratories

9:30am      COFFEE BREAK

10:00am     An Object-Oriented Thread Model for Parallel Numerical
            Applications
            Neelakantan Sundaresan, Indiana University
            Linda Lee, Kendall Square Research Corp

10:30am     The pTask System for High Performance Distributed
            Computing
            Paul England, Bellcore

11:00am     MPI++:  Issues and Features
            ---------------------------
            Purushotham V. Bangalore, Nathan E. Doss and Anthony
            Skjellum
            Computer Science Dept and NSF Engineering Research Center
            Mississippi State University

11:30am     LUNCH

                    *****************************
                    *                           *
                    *    TECHNICAL SESSIONS     *
                    *           PDE             *
                    *  Applications/Components  *
                    *                           *
                    *****************************

1:30pm      Object-Oriented Development of a 3-D, Unstructured Grid
            Shock Hydrodynamics Model
            David S. Kershaw, Manoj K. Prasad, and Michael Shaw
            Physics Division and Inertial Confinement Fusion Program
            Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

2:00pm      An Object-Oriented Decomposition of the Adaptive hp
            Finite Element Method
            James C. Wiley
            Fusion Research Center, The University of Texas

2:30pm      FEMLIB:  A Framework for Simulation and Optimization
            Michael M. Tiller and Jonathon A. Dantzig
            Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering,
            University of Illinois

3:00pm      COFFEE BREAK

3:30pm      Diffpack:  Software for Partial Differential Equations
            Hans Peter Langtangen
            Department of Industrial Mathematics, SINTEF
            Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo

4:00pm      Object-Oriented Finite Elements
            -------------------------------
            Babak Bagheri, Mircea Draghicescu, and L. Ridgeway Scott
            Texas Center for Advanced Molecular Computation
            University of Houston

4:30pm      A++/P++ Array Classes for Architecture Independant Finite
            Difference Computations
            Rebecca Parsons and Daniel Quinlan
            Los Alamos National Laboratory

5:00pm      BREAK

7:00pm      ELEMD:  An Object-Oriented Software System for Grid
            Elements with Multiple Discretizations for Solving PDE's
            Patrick Vankiersbilck
            von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Belgium

7:30pm      FE++:  An Object-Oriented Application Framework for
            Finite Element Programming
            Jun Lu, Donald White, Wai-Fah Chen, and Elisa E. Sotelino
            School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University
            Hubert E. Dunsmore,
            Department of Computer Sciences, Purdue University

8:00pm      ** FAREWELL GATHERING **