consulting business announcement

David G. Hough on validgh dgh
Sun Sep 19 15:18:14 PDT 1993

The following announces my availability for consulting business.
I'd appreciate your bringing this to the attention of anybody who may need
or want to know.

I will send full details (fees, equipment, abstracts, resumes)
on request in tbl | troff -ms or postscript form,
or by fax (but troff is best!).   I'd appreciate comments
from anybody who finds the full details confusing or misleading.

Business Card
                           David G. Hough - validgh

                        system correctness evaluation
                        system performance evaluation
                      IEEE 754 floating-point arithmetic

                6472 Camden, Suite 114        dghavalidgh.com
                PO Box 20370             voice (408) 997-7763
                San Jose, CA 95160         fax (408) 997-7764

               when at SunPro: dghaeng.sun.com  (415) 336-7702

validgh open for business

     I am now soliciting suitable consulting business. The primary work that I
anticipate is system correctness and performance evaluations of the same type
that I have been doing for Sun in recent years, such as the reports "SPARCsta-
tion 10/30 and 10/41 Relative Performance 93/01/29" and "SPARCstation Compiler
Comparison 92/10/25" distributed via usenet.

     I am also available for general consultation about IEEE 754 arithmetic
issues.   I am not interested in conventional contract programming business.

     In order to support my hardware habit, I also rent my Almaden desktop
computer lab to persons interested in evaluating Sun hardware and software in
a quiet environment.

     When not occupied with business I will develop a freely distributable
subset of the SunPro system evaluation test harness that I developed over the
last several years.

     I am still employed half time by SunPro.  Sun employment policies prohi-
bit outside work constituting a conflict of interest.   Thus at this time I am
not able to undertake work on behalf of SunPro's competitors. I must refer
proposed business which might constitute such a conflict to my SunPro manager
for approval.