Forward declarations in function prototypes, yet again

uunet!osf.org!meissner uunet!osf.org!meissner
Fri Jul 17 13:03:30 PDT 1992

| It has been pointed out that these forms are ugly, verbose, and
| nonintuitive to the reader.  However, if one require this new feature
| only where formal parameter n appears lexically after array a, one
| would almost always see in actual practice:
|
| /* no forward declaration needed here */
| 		int f2( int n, int a[n] );

I suspect in actual practice you would not see this as frequently as
you would hope, since several of the large FORTRAN libraries have the
size argument after the array argument.