range syntax for C

uunet!cwi.nl!Dik.Winter uunet!cwi.nl!Dik.Winter
Thu Jan 2 18:45:07 PST 1992

 > > Can anyone suggest a delimiter other than colon or ellipsis
 > > that looks natural for the usage and is usable in all contexts?
 >
 > We could fix the *^%&%&$^# ANSI C preprocessor and use ellipsis.

No.  You must accept the preprocessor as given for the next few years.
(9 I think at this time.)  Or you have to redo the whole stuff about
pp-numbers in a way that makes strictly conforming programs still
strictly conforming.  Some have tried before, but failed (or the
ANSI committee was not willing to listen).

dik
--
dik t. winter, cwi, kruislaan 413, 1098 sj  amsterdam, nederland
dikacwi.nl