employment opportunity

Richard B. Lehoucq uunet!rice.edu!lehoucq
Mon Nov 25 08:50:05 PST 1991

I hope you have this position in a few years. I am also a floating point
freak and just left IMSL where i was a software engineer for 3 years,
designing and developing math software for high perfromance machines.
I gave seminars on numerical anaylsis and floating point arithmetic
and what "they" don't  teach you in school. I've read Sterbenz and
even obtained copies of some of Kahan's Floating Point Indoctrinaton
lectures.
I am currently obtaining my Ph.D. in Computational Science and Engineering
at Rice University. I received my master's degree in math from
Virginia Tech over 5 years ago. My main area is Linear Algebra but
I enjoy all areas of numerical anaylsis, especially the interplay
between software and algorithms.

Richard Lehoucq