USENET newsgroup sci.math.num-analysis

David G. Hough on validgh validgh!dghaSun.COM
Thu Feb 7 06:48:50 PST 1991

There is (or at least has been) a newsgroup by that name available from
uunet and probably elsewhere for some time.  Some recent subjects are
listed at the end of this message.

However I have received a USENET control message stating that this group
along with many others was non-standard and suggesting I remove it.
Many USENET system administrators will do just that.  If you have a problem
with that you should advise your USENET system administrator that you
want to retain that group or start getting it.  Any USENET site can support
any newsgroup that it wants, but its effectiveness may be rather limited
if the majority of sites don't propagate it.

Often non-standardness is a function of how a newsgroup was originally created.
If a newsgroup has been running productively for a period of time with
significant participation and distribution, its origins seem moot to me.

Here's some recent subjects: