[Granville-Hough] April Pulley Sayre

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Fri May 6 21:39:34 PDT 2022

We recently learned that our Richardson cousin April Pulley Sayre
passed away during November 2021 from metastatic breast cancer.
Granville Hough was a great admirer of her nature books for young
readers.  Our condolences go out to her family and circle of readers
and authors. Some of their online comments are linked below:

Society of Children's Book Authors and Illustrators:

https://www.scbwi.org/remembering-april-pulley-sayre/

This personal tribute includes the announcement from Publishers Weekly:

https://cynthialeitichsmith.com/2021/11/in-memory-april-pulley-sayre/

And another blog that includes the comments of others:

https://www.teachingauthors.com/2021/11/april-pulley-sayre-her-work-lives-on.html

The announcement from the local newspaper:

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/news/local/2021/12/02/april-sayre-died-leaves-legacy-intertwined-south-bend-indiana-author/8819744002/

David Granville Hough
Bonny Hough Miller