[Granville-Hough] 97 today

Sean Buckley seaniccus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 15:44:37 PST 2019

I remember Granville had a hard time making out Suzi's voice over the
phone, but was a bit better in person. Sharp as a rack. Wish I could have
stayed longer last time I visited him, but I was only in town for work and
had to leave after dinner.

I've never heard the uncompensated hearing loss factoid before.

At least your resistance to a hearing aid is more reasonable than my
father's denial of his degrading vision. For a number of years he insisted
his vision was still too young to need glasses, but had a habit of wearing
multiple pairs of over the counter reading glasses at the same time,
stacked on top of each other like binoculars.

He eventually gave in and went to the optometrist.