[Granville-Hough] 97 today

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Wed Dec 18 13:41:29 PST 2019

My father Granville Hough would have been 97 today, undoubtedly a record
among his male ancestors.

I coincidentally observed the occasion by ordering my first hearing aid
yesterday.    I had resisted because of all my father's troubles keeping his
adjusted.    All along we thought that his loss of hearing was due to
his Army Artillery years, but I have been on almost the same trajectory without
any military service or rock band experience.     The audiologist explained
that the common type of hearing loss I have is mostly genetic.    What finally
convinced me was recent findings that uncompensated hearing loss correlates
with early onset of dementia.     Since that runs on my mother's side, I
don't want to encourage it.

On a more cheerful note, while visiting a nearby park recently, I found
a nature Story Trail called Woodpecker Wham!, which, on close inspection,
is based on a book by the same name of our own April Pulley Sayre.
Here are some photos -

http://granville-hough.oakapple.net/photo/2019-12-07-story-walk/preview/indexjs.html

Merry Christmas to all and a Healthy New Year!

David Hough