[Granville-Hough] 13 May 2009 - Favorite Name Women

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Thu May 18 19:11:54 PDT 2017

Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:21:57 -0700
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Favorite Name Women - 13 May 2009

I held my first Bible stories for Alzheimer's patients in 2004 and
continued until I was diagnosed with bone-marrow cancer in November,
2006.  It was an interesting experience and made me realize that caring
for my wife Carol was probably much easier than other cases, such as
when an aging wife was caring for an over-weight angry husband.

I have my favorite name women selected from the bible for next Friday's
presentation (2004)to the Alzheimer's patients.  I have selected six,
which should be enough: Mary, Elizabeth, Sarah, Naomi,
Ruth, and Hannah.  It will take me two minutes to
discuss each one, then I can have an opening song, "My Country, Tis of
Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty," and closing with a singing rendition of
the "Lord's Prayer."  That is, if I can find suitable records.  That
should be enough for starting a series, which I hope to call "Friday
Bible Studies."
     Right now, most of my basic information is coming from Google.com,
which is pretty much ecumenical.  Of course, I refer to the basic
chapters of the Bible.  I think much of the Old Testament is a sort of
shorthand reminder of oral legends, or at least legends recorded in
other documents.  You have, for example, a one-sentence reference to
Enoch, but there is a whole book about him which was available in Old
Testament times.
     I had a great time recently (in 2004)visiting Kendrick for his high
school
graduation, and realizing I had not been to San Jose for at least 8
years.  My heart disease and Carol's strokes and Alzheimer's really took
out a portion of our lives.
     With love to all, Grampa.