[Granville-Hough] 17 Apr 2009 - Daniel

Trustees and Executors for Granville W. Hough gwhough at oakapple.net
Thu Jul 15 05:30:44 PDT 2010

(From 10 Apr 2005)

This week I did Daniel in the Lion's den for the Alzheimer's patients.
And of course I had a
solution to why the Lions did not like him as an entre.
    Daniel, the bible is careful to say, did not eat the king's meat and
rich food, but instead ate pulse, or vegetables, probably laden with
health ingredients such as garlic, etc.
To the lions, he did not smell like food, so they ignored him.  After
all, what respectable lion would want a garlic odor?? HOWEVER, when his
accusors were thrown into the den, they had been celebrating Daniel's
downfall with all the King's meat and rich food.  They did smell like
meat, and were torn asunder before they even reached the bottom of the
cave.  That's what the bible states.  So if you have to look for a
plausible explanation to this miracle, I believe I have found it.