[Gocamino] Reunion time at SdeC

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 1 05:19:20 PDT 2013

Starting with our own arrival, this is quite a reunion week in SdeC. Sylvia Nilsen, the organizer/leader of our group, has been active in camino affairs for over ten years, as a caminista, hospitalera, and leader of camino group trips. Her assistant, Adriaan, known as Fraluchi on the forums has done the camino many times and has been a forum contributor for many years. Yesterday, I met up with Sue Kenney, who had just completed another camino, bare-footed this time, leading another group of Canadian peregrinas. About a half hour later, I met up with George Greenia, who had arrived with his  group of 4 other professors and 4 students from Williamsburg. George has been doing these trips for many years and was one of the major figures in the organization of the American friends of the camino. Due in tomorrow is Michel Besson, founder/owner of the Santiagobis Yahoo group. He is just finishing a very fast Via de la Plata trip. Due in Monday are Kathy Gower, a long time peregrina and one of the founders of the American group, and Rebekah Scott, owner of the Peaceable Kingdom in Moratinos.

Bob S.

Sent from my iPad