[Gocamino] Getting to the Somport Pass

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:28:48 PST 2013

In 2009 I walked from Lourdes to Oloron Ste Marie and then turned south to
Somport asnd over the hill on the Aragones route to Pamplona.
>From Lourdes it is 24km to Asson (pilgrim beds) 19km to Arudy (pilgrims
stay in the parish house) and 23km to Oloron.  From there we walked 21km to
Sarrance, 19 km to  Borce and up to the Somport Pass continuing to Canfranc
Estacion (that gorgeous station that featured in Dr Zivago which was partly
filmed in Aragon).
You can check the weekly trains from Lourdes to Oloron here:
http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/trains_lourdes_train_station_to_oloron_ste_marie_train_station_108_679.aspx

There is transport on Ligne 63 from Pau to Oloron to Canfranc on the SNCF
website.
*www.ter-sncf.com/aquitaine *
**
Good luck!  Its a beautiful walk on that side of the mountain.

--
Sil
https://www.amazon.com/author/amawalker