[Gocamino] Hospitalero and Peregrino

E. O. Pederson eopederson at msn.com
Sat May 5 13:39:16 PDT 2012

In less than a week I leave for another month in Spain, and I am greatly looking forward to it. For a change, instead of waiting until the last hours I finished packing this afternoon! I thank all of those who have responded to my several earlier requests for information both about the Via de la Plata and the albergue at Santo Domingo.
Maybe next year will be a my year for the Via de la Plata, but I cannot allocate enough time this Spring to be both hospitalero and peregrino on that long route. From 16 to 31 May I shall be hospitalero at Santo Domingo de la Calzada, one of my favorite places on the Camino Frances, serving at the Casa del Santo albergue ( http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-casa-del-santo ). Should anyone be in Santo Domingo during the last half of May, please stop by to spend the night or at least to say hello.
After 3 treks on the Camino Frances, in the first 9 days of June I hope to then do serious pilgrimage walking on one or another of the minor routes to Santiago. At the moment the Camino Ingles from Ferrol to Santiago is the leading contender, though I am also considering the Camino Primitivo or the Camino Portuguese from the border. I expect to be in Santiago for a day on June10th before returning to Madrid for the flight back on the 12th. If you should be in Santiago at that time, send me an email, and perhaps we can get together for a coffee or a Galician meal.
E. O. PedersonFairfax, VA