[Gocamino] Hiking Poles - Stansted and Ryanair

Johnnie Walker johnniewalker-santiago at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:43:10 PST 2012

Hola - more from the pilgrims who got the response from Stansted airport:
"A PS to Johnnie's email. As the original enquirer--I was worried that the Stansted airport security camera people would consider the poles to be Dangerous Weapons. My dismantled poles fit inside my backpack within Ryanair's restrictions on dimensions and weight. Poles longer than the cabin-size-restrictions, or bordones/staffs, will almost certainly continue to get a negative response from our oh-so-strict one-bag airlines. I have seen telescopic poles protruding from cabin-going backpacks on direct flights from Dublin to Santiago--marking a welcome concession from Aer Lingus!"

www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com