[Gocamino] Communications technology?

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 02:51:12 PST 2012

Richard, I used the same means of communication when I walked in 2002,
2004, 2007 and 2009.
Now I have a Blackberry.  I can phone home, send messages, go on the
internet, receive emails, send emails - including messages and photographs
to my blog, use wifi, and if I needed to, I could activate the GPS
facility.  The camera isn't that great so I still carry a camera.
Last year I started in St Jean but waited until I got to Spain to insert
the Spanish Sim as the service didn't work in France.  It can be very
costly to use a data enabled smart phone abroad and the servuce providers
recommend you take the data service off before you go.  I bought a
Blackberry Data SIM from SpainSim for €90 which included full internet
service, emails, free local calls and a few cheap calls home.  This was
much cheaper than using the phone for all of the above with a SIM from
home.
I still carry a notebook but use it mainly for jotting down prices,
telephone numbers etc.
Sil

--
Sil