[Gocamino] Iberian Air Strikes

E. O. Pederson eopederson at msn.com
Wed Apr 18 10:13:14 PDT 2012

The strike is mostly by Iberia pilots protesting the creation of a new low-cost (i.e. labor unfriendly) airline by the parent corporation which also owns British Air.
At the beginning of the month I posted the following on Santiagobis:
Of late there has been some discussion of meeting close deadlines on Iberia at Madrid. Those planning to fly that airline in the next month or so should be aware of a rolling strike being conducted by pilots and others against the Spanish flag carrier (now owned by the same corporation that controls British Air). Internal flights in Spain, European flights, and some intercontinental flights have been or will be cancelled, presumably a different set of flights each day.
This morning a headline in the Buenos Aires (Argentina) newspaper Clarin  ( http://www.ieco.clarin.com/empresas/pilotos-Iberia-iniciaron-paro-dias_0_679132269.html) read:
Iberia canceló 126 vuelos en la primera de 30 jornadas de huelgaLos pilotos protestan por la creación de la aerolínea de bajo costo, Iberia Express. El vuelo IB 6843 de Madrid a Buenos Aires fue uno de los cancelados.
E. O. PedersonFairfax, VA
E. O. Pederson