[Gocamino] Our next Camino!

Wes and Rita wesrita at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 09:20:53 PST 2011

Hello again to gocamino friends:

The plane tickets have been purchased and Wes and I are heading to Le
Puy to walk to St. Jean Pied de Port starting in May.  When we walked
the camino from SJPP to Santiago in 2009 we didn't know of the route
from Le Puy to SJPP!  We are going to make up for that this spring.
Here's two (sets of) questions I hope you can help us with.

First, is it possible to make reservations (and how would we do it)
for our first night (May 2) in the Gite Le Relais du pelerin Saint
Jacques or the Auberge de Jeunesse in Le Puy?  Does anyone have
recommendations as to either of these?  We would like to have our
first night's beds reserved for sure if it is possible.  If not, what
is the likelihood of us finding space in either of these when we
arrive, probably late in the afternoon?

Second, we are returning home from SJPP by flying from Biarritz (to
Paris to Boston) leaving Biarritz airport at 9:10 am.  Does this mean
we would have to spend the night in Biarritz or is it possible to get
early public transportation (I know, not likely) or Caroline's taxi
service to Biarritz that morning (super early)?  Tim, I'm hoping you
can help us with this!  How long does it take to go from SJPP to
Biarritz?  If not possible that morning, what would be involved doing
it by public transportation the day before and has anyone
recommendations of an inexpensive (!?!) place to stay in Biarritz?

Any suggestions would be most welcome -- thanks!

Rita