[Gocamino] Shipping a small suitcase from Sevilla to Salamanca

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:15:34 PDT 2011

Tim is right.

Most Correos will hold a package for up to four weeks, Santiago is two weeks. Every postmaster/postmistress in every town gets to set his/her hours of operation and local 'rules'. I have had very postal employees be both helpful and very obstructive, it's the roll of the dice. One Correos insisted my return address was their post office, notwithstanding that I was in their town for a mere hour. I inquired what happened if the package was returned to them, since I would be nowhere in the vicinity, and quite possibly not even in the country. I was told they would hold the package for me to pick up .. for up to four weeks. I carried the stuff to the next town where I was greeted with a more rational ruleset, and mailed it from there. An example of mailing addresses on the Camino Frances: .. http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Correos_En_El_Camino_Frances.pdf ..

Buen Camino,

Grant

http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.com
Resources for the Pilgrimage Road to Santiago