[Gocamino] Book "Along the Way" by Martin Sheen and son

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 12:13:20 PST 2011

Hello you all,
Someone just sent me the article below which will interest you.
The DVD rental outfit. Netflix has scheduled renting the Martin Sheen's movie "The Way" in the near future.  Apparently a commercial distributor in the United States has not yet been secured.
The movie was released commercially in Spain, France and Italy to much success. In the United States it has been shown, sporadically, in some church gatherings and such. Given the proclivities of people in Spain in this area, as I have known them, it is very probable that the movie will be available at the video stores in DVD form in Spain by Holy Week (which this year comes rather late). If so, I will get a couple of copies in Seville, and will post a message when I am there in case some one here would like me to get a copy.
Meanwhile, the book mentioned in the article below sounds both intriguing and interesting.
Hugs!
Rosina

When you hear that actor Martin Sheen is planning a joint memoir with his son, your first thought is probably of his troubled son Charlie Sheen. However, Sheen is writing Along the Way, “a story of family, faith, and friendship,” with son Emilio Estevez.
Along the Way, told in alternating voices, will cover both men’s lives and nearly 50 years of family history. According to a press release, “it is organized around their physical and spiritual journey along the Camino de Santiago, Spain, the thousand-year-old pilgrimage path, which traverses Galicia, the area from which Sheen’s father emigrated to the U.S., and to which Estevez’s own son has returned.”
Estevez says, “I’m so happy to be working on this unique project with my father. We’re both fathers of sons, we’re neighbors and activists, and we hope that our story will communicate an essential message for our times: Film is an illusion. Fame is ephemeral. Faith and family are what endure.”
So what about Charlie? Estevez tells USA Today: “Charlie will be mentioned, of course, but not given a voice in Along the Way. Our book is about the professional and spiritual journey that Martin and I have taken that has led us to make my new film, The Way, which will be released in theaters this Easter.”
Along the Way will be published by Free Press, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, in time for Father’s Day 2012