[Gocamino] Ryan Air

Joanie Hess jethess777 at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 10:58:33 PDT 2010

I looked at Ryanair's site and it seems that they have curtailed flights from SCQ to Rome and Frankfort during the winter months.  Spring flights are not up yet as would be typical. They do not make it possible to purchase tickets 11 months out as other airlines do.
I have flown with Ryanair or Easyjet for many years throughout western Europe. My experience is that routes change frequently with consumer demand.  They are announcing new routes from SCQ to both Valencia and Seville for example.  If one must go to Santiago during the next few months, I suggest taking the ALSA bus down to Porto (beautiful city in its own right), stay there 1 or 2 nights to explore that city which is do-able on foot, then fly out from there.  Flights to other western European cities are available.  Low cost subway/metro trains from downtown Porto go directly to the airport.  I used the train in 2006 when it was brand new.
Might consider other cities as well.  Easyjet has flights from Asturias. Can take bus form Santiago to get to Oviedo, again a lovely city to visit.
The above being said, I notice increasingly horrible departure times with Ryanair.

-Joanie

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let ustie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the secondwill not become the legalized version of the first."
-Thomas Jefferson