[Gocamino] Crowds on the Camino

Glenn Jilek guha2005 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 02:49:09 PDT 2010

I am visiting friends in Finisterre for a few weeks.  I have noticed that there are many fewer people (peregrinos) in this town than even in 2005 when I first visited after walking the Camino.  The weather is very beautiful and the beaches too, but few people other than the locals.  This observation was confirmed  by talking with business people.  They were expecting an increase because of the holy year but it has not appeared here on the coast anyway.

By the way, when my wife and I got to the Santiago bus station to continue on to Finisterre, we were "caught" by Alvaro, a man with a van.  He took us and 6  others to Finisterre in one hour instead of 3 by bus for the same price.  Nice music and interesting conversation with 2 Mexicans, 2 Italians, 2 Spaniards and my wife and I.  We asked about getting him for the return trip and he told us his friend, a bar owner would arrange it for us the day before our departure.  It turns out that his frieen was our friend!   Small world no!?

Glenn