[Gocamino] Camino movie with Martin Sheen

Johnnie Walker johnniewalker-santiago at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:43:41 PDT 2010

Hola

Funnily enough I wrote a wee story about Finisterre/Muxia last week:

http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/2010/07/coast-of-death-and-life.html

And for those interested there is a picture of the stepping stone crossing here with a story about a pilgrim who fell in:

http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/2009/11/toast-to-new-boots.html

But please don't be put off by this crossing. It is a beautiful route and there is a waymarked alternative to crossing the river here.

Bob makes an interesting point about Muxia. Santiago calls itself the end of the pilgrimage - "because the pilgrimage to Santiago ends here" as one of my colleagues in the Pilgrims' Office said, rather stating the obvious. Finisterre has the 0.00 kms marker and Muxia claims to be the "end of the religious pilgrimage". In my experience the Pilgrims' Office isn't anti the route to Finisterre/Muxia they are simply neutral about it. If you ask for information about this route they will send you to the Tourist Information Office down the street. However walking from Muxia - Finisterre - Santiago is a different kettle of fish because that is a pilgrimage TO Santiago.

As far as the Martin Sheen film is concerned I'll be pleasantly surprised if they haven't used artistic license and filmed the rucksack saving scene at a location which is not on a pilgrimage route!

Abrazos

John

www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com